The Vienna Medical Association of Austria has released a Safety Guidelines for Cell Phone usage. They said they were releasing these Guidelines because there is evidence that cell phones and smart phones "are not as safe as providers claim".
1. Make calls as short and little as possible – use a landline or write SMS. Children and teenagers under 16 years old should carry cell phones only for emergencies!
2. Distance is your friend- Keep the phone away from body during connection of Phone. Pay attention to the manufacturer’s safer distance recommendation in the manual, keep a distance during the call set-up from the head and body. Take advantage of the built-in speakerphone or a headset!
3. When using headsets or integrated hands-free, do not position mobile phones directly on the body – special caution applies here for pregnant women. For men, mobile phones are a risk to fertility if Mobile is stowed in Trouser pockets. Persons with electronic implants (pacemakers, insulin pumps et cetera) must pay attention to distance. Unless otherwise possible, use coat pocket, backpack or purse.
4. Do not use cell phones in vehicles (car, bus, train) calls – without an external antenna, the radiation in the vehicle is higher. In addition, you will be distracted and you bother in public transport the other passengers!
5. During the car when driving should be an absolute ban on SMS and internetworking – the distraction leads to self-endangerment and endangering other road users!
6. Make calls at home and at work via the fixed corded (not wireless) network – Internet access via LAN cable (eg via ADSL, VDSL, fiber optic) no Radiation, is fast and secure data transfer. Constant radiation emitters like DECT cordless telephones, WLAN access points, data sticks and LTE Home base stations (Box, Cube etc.) should be avoided!
7. Go offline more often or use Airplane mode – Remember that for functions such as listening to music, camera, alarm clock, calculator or offline games an internet connection is not always required!
8. Fewer apps means less radiation – Minimize the number of apps and disable the most unnecessary background services on your smartphone. Disabling “Mobile services” / “data network mode” turns the smartphone again into a cell phone. You can still be reached, but avoid a lot of unnecessary radiation by background traffic!
9. Avoid Mobile phone calls in places with poor reception (basement, elevator etc) as it increases transmission power. Use in poor reception Area a headset or the speakerphone!
10. Buy cell phones with an external antenna connection!
Source:Austrian Government Recommends Reducing Cell Phone Radiation
Your Brain On Wireless Radiation
According to the scientists and EMF experts at the Environmental Health Trust, a non-profit Watchdog EMF Group, there is "scientific evidence" that exposure to wireless radiofrequency (RF) radiation has a neurotoxic effect on the brain. In laymen's terms, this means it is harmful to the brain and its functioning.
"Research indicates that exposure to wireless radiation can harm the brain. Experiential research has found that exposure reduces brain cells and causes brain cell death in the memory and learning centers of the brain. Research also has fund DNA damage in the brain from EMF exposures."
While neurotixicity is harmful for all ages, its effects on developing children's brains can be much more severe than on the fully developed brain of an adult.
The Radiation Damaged Brain
Animal studies show that brains exposed to RF radiation while in the womb develop increased hyperactivity and impaired memory. These studies also showed an overall abnormal brain development. Studies done on humans exposed to cell phone radiation showed that increased exposure to the RF radiation was linked to an increase in behaviourial problems.
Addition studies done on rats showed that as little as one hour of exposure to cell phone radiation per day kills brain cells.
"Research from Turkish scientists Bas, Odaci, Sonmez, Kaplan and colleagues found significant brain cell damage within the hippocampus and cerebellum of rats following exposure to cell phone radiation frequencies."
FCC Made Aware of Neurotoxic Effect
This study showing the death of brain cells prompted Dr. Kaplan, one of the researchers, to contact the FCC in regards to them re-evaluating their current 'safety' levels for RF radiation exposure.
The outdated method of deriving 'safe' levels of RF radiation is to continue to make the assumption that only ionizing radiation is strong enough to be harmful and that if there is no obvious tissue healing from the exposure, there can be no damage. Unfortunately, for the public, both of these assumptions have been proven erroneous based on new research.
Brain Development, Cell Phones and Wireless
Cyprus Hospital Goes Back to Wired internet in Pediatric Units
The Archbishop Makarios III Hospital in Cyprus has announced that they are replacing their wireless internet connections with wired internet connections. They are implementing this in their Pediatric and Neonatal Units. They say they are doing it to protect the children's health.
EMF/RF Never Adequately Evaluated in Terms of Safety
In the Hospital's Press Release dated June 24th of 2019, the President of the Cyprus Committee on the Environment and Children's Health, Dr. Stella Canna Michaelido, stated that "the issue of EMF/RF is a very serious and universal Public Health problem, as it affects the whole population. On the basis of the Scientific Evidence and the Precautionary Principle, the matter needs to be and can be addressed directly, by reducing active / passive exposure and technology abuse. The basic tool for achieving the goal is raising risk awareness. Because ignorance of the risk, advertisements and misinformation cause an extreme enthusiasm and growing children’s dependence on devices and applications. Potential negative impacts of the immediate and long-term use of those devices by children has never been adequately evaluated in terms of safety for their mental and physical development."
Children As Experimental Animals
The Hospital stated that the reason for going back to wired internet connections in their Pediatric and Neonatal Units is to protect the children.
“Even if the risks are not yet universally accepted by a limited number of scientists, considering their seriousness and the existing scientific evidence, we are not entitled to exposing our children to them,practically turning them into experimental animals."
The Minister of Health for Cyprus has fully backed the Hospital's decision and stated that "the Ministry of Health recognizes that the results of research on the health effects of the electronic cloud(i.e from EMF/RF) and other negative environmental phenomena are no longer considered as hypotheses. But these are rather scientific evidence demonstrating the harmful effects of human exposure to an altered natural environment on physical, spiritual and mental human health".
The Cyprus Commissioner of the Environment also supports the Hospital's decision and Awareness Campaign. She states that "there is an urgent need to inform and raise awareness about the need to drastically reduce the use and exposure of children and embryos to radiation. Especially at home and at school where children spend at least 60-90% of their time – depending on their age".
Public Awareness Campaign
The Archbishop Makarios Hospital is the first Hospital to take a stand and eliminate wireless radiation within their Pediatric and Neonatal Units. In addition, they are embarking upon a Public Awareness Campaign to help reduce both the active and passive exposure levels of children to non-ionizing radiation as is emitted by wireless technologies within schools, hospitals and homes through educating the public on the health hazards of EMF/RF.
Hospital Replaces Wireless Internet with Wired
Harvard Medical School Report...
Pediatric Neurologist Finds EMF & Autism Link
Dr. Martha Herbert is an Assistant Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School and the author of the published Harvard Medical School Report detailing the links between EMF exposure and Autism. She is also a Pediatric Neurologist and Neuroscientist at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Herbert's Report is titled "Autism and EMF? Plausibility of a Pathophysiological l.ink". In the report, Dr. Herbert breaks down how the brain works and how exposure to electromagnetic frequencies affect the brain. Her in depth research has led her to conclude that Autism is less something that is "hard-wired" into the brain in utero but something that is generated "moment to moment" by a "physiologically challenged" brain.
How EMFs Affect the Developing Brain
Dr. Herbert's research on EMFs and the brain shows that one of the main challenges developing brains face is the stress of EMF exposure. As the brain is electrical in nature, its functioning is highly affected by both electrical and magnetic frequencies.
According to Dr. Herbert's report, EMF and RFR (radiofrequency or microwave radiation) are toxins to the brain that alter basic brain function, also referred to as brain metabolism.
The Parallels of EMF Exposure & Autism
The damage to the brain caused by exposure to both EMFs and RFR mimic that damage seen in the brains of those who are Autistic. Some of the shared damage seen is overall cellular stress, leakiness of the blood brain barrier and gut blood barrier as well as genetic mutations.
The damage to cells caused by EMF and RFR exposure also mimics the same damage seen in cells of those who are Autistic.Mitochondrial dysfunction, disturbed immune function, and death of brain cells.
EMF/RFR exposure is also associated with the same markers of immune dysfunction as is Autism, as well as the same markers for nervous system disturbances, such as disturbed sleep, poor sleep quality and altered brainwaves.
Dr. Herbert's Conclusion on EMFs & Autism
According to Dr. Herbert, both EMFs and RFR are "a brain irritant". They cause the brain to alter its function, become impaired in many processes and inflame, eventually resulting in a comprised immune system, a leaky gut and an imbalanced nervous system.
The same brain issues associated with exposure to EMFs and RF Radiation with are seen in those with Autism, leading Dr. Herbert to conclude that:
"EMF is a contributor to causing and worsening Autism...reducing EMF exposures should reduce severity andincidence of Autism".
EMFs and Autism?